JNGI Higher Education Partnership Forum
Bringing Together Academic and Student Affairs Leaders to Improve Student Success
When: January 25-26, 2016 (See Schedule Tab Above)
Forum: Location: Wyndham Grand Jupiter at Harbourside Place, 122 Soundings Avenue, Jupiter, FL 33477, 20 minutes from Palm Beach International Airport (See Planning Tab Above)
Registration: Click here to register for the meeting.
The 2016 JNGI Higher Education Partnership Forum will zero in on today’s promising practices of collaboration and partnership in student success, learning and retention. We’ll focus on the essentials to help you better engage your academic and student affairs leaders, faculty and colleagues to meet your mission-critical objectives. You’ll discover leadership insights and time-tested successful strategies and approaches to create partnerships that keep you and your institution on point.
One-of-a-kind perspectives, expert-led sessions and an exceptional line-up of speakers will be featured throughout this unparalled, one and a half day event. Engage with a diverse group of your peers from institutions of all types and sizes, including two-year, online, public and private. Don’t miss this opportunity to reshape undergraduate education and move your institution forward.
You’ll discuss and learn:
- To build an institutional vision for partnerships to improve academic success, retention, and degree completion
- The latest collaborative strategies and promising practices for student success
- To craft or revise an institutional outline of an action plan to enhance partnerships
- To explore the status of institutional partnerships among academic administrators, student affairs administrators and faculty
- To enable previous attendees to return and share their experiences in partnership development and update their plans for further implementation
- To use the “Seven Principles for Good Practice in Student Success Partnerships,” developed in 2012 by Institute participants, as a tool for exploration and evaluation of partnerships
- To further develop a national community of practice comprised of institutions committed to establishing and enhancing academic affairs/student affairs/faculty partnerships
Space is Limited
Betsy Barefoot, Senior Scholar, Gardner Institute for Excellence in Undergraduate Education
John Gardner, President, Gardner Institute for Excellence in Undergraduate Education
Betsy Griffin, Vice President and Resident Scholar, Gardner Institute for Excellence in Undergraduate Education
Gwen Hall, Senior Vice President, Associate Provost, American Public University System
Andrew Koch, Executive VP & Chief Academic Leadership & Innovation Officer, Gardner Institute for Excellence in Undergraduate Education
Dennis Pruitt, Vice President for Student Affairs and Academic Support, University of South Carolina
Joyce Romano, Vice President for Student Affairs, Valencia Community College
Sara Stein Koch, Institute Fellow, Gardner Institute for Excellence in Undergraduate Education
Monday, January 25, 2016
- Registration/Pick up materials and Full Breakfast: 7:30 – 8:30 am
- Welcome/Reflections on Effective Partnerships & Introduction of Seven Principles for Good Practice in Student Success Partnerships– 8:30 – 9:30 am
- Morning Break – 9:30 – 9;45 am
- Barriers/Enhancers to Partnerships for Student Success– 9:45 – 11:30 am
- Lunch and Plenary Address from Dennis Pruitt, VP for Student Affairs and Academic Support, University of South Carolina – 11:30 am – 12:45 pm
- Case Study Presentation from Nova Southeastern University – 12:45 – 1:15 pm
- Institutional Teams Reflection Session & Case Study – 1:25 – 2:25 pm
- Afternoon Break – 2:25 – 2:45 pm
- Plenary Address from Joyce Romano, Vice President for Student Affairs, Valencia, Community College – 2:50 – 3:50 pm
- Institutional Team Time & Case Study – 4:00 – 5:00 pm
- Optional Illustrations of Academic, Student Affairs and Faculty Partnerships: Foundations of Excellence, Gateways to Completion and Retention Performance Management- 5:15 – 6:00 pm
- Reception – 6:00 – 7:00 pm
Tuesday, January 26, 2016
- Breakfast: 7:45 – 8:45 am
- Plenary Address from Gwen Hall, Associate Provost, Academic Effectiveness and Student Success, American Public University System- 8:15 – 9:15 am
- Institutional Team Time – 9:30 – 10:30 am
- Morning Break – 10:30 – 10:45 am
- Cross Institutional Team Discussion: 10:45 – 11:30 am
- Five Steps for Taking Action- 11:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Adjournment: 12:00 pm
Planning Details & Registration
Who Should Attend: Leaders from Academic Affairs, Student Affairs and Faculty – Institutional teams are STRONGLY encouraged.
Where: Wyndham Grand Jupiter, 122 Soundings Avenue, Jupiter, FL 33477, 20 minutes from Palm Beach Airport
Fee: $545 for two or more participants from the same institution (use group registration) or $595 for one institutional participant. Fee includes all meeting materials and meals.
Registration: Click here to register for the meeting.
Refund Policy: Cancellations on or before December 25th, will have the registration fee refunded minus a $50 administrative fee. A written request for refunds is required. Absolutely no refunds will be issued after December 25. We cannot accept refund requests resulting from cancelled flights and/or “acts of God.”
Room Rates: $189 room rate includes hotel room wifi. Please call 1-561-273-6666 to make hotel reservations or email email@example.com. Please mention JNGI Higher Education Partnership Forum to get the group rate. The group rate is also available 3 days before and after based on availability.