What is Retention Performance Management (RPM)?
Designed to improve retention rates for specific cohorts such as first year, sophomores, first-generation, low-income, etc.
RPM is a flexible series of time- and resource-efficient processes and tools that help institutions create, implement and/or refine retention and completion plans. It will help your institution with various phases of retention (first year, sophomore year, etc.) and/or various populations for whom retention is a concern (first-generation, low-income, etc.). By working with us, your benefits include:
- Keep more of the students you admit – an outcome critical to fulfilling your mission and maintaining financial stability.
- Receive our first-rate student success support at a scalable cost that your institution can afford.
- Receive easy to use, data collection templates and analytics tools.
- Receive unparalleled level of guidance to make informed, data-based decisions about your strategic retention and completion efforts.
- You’ll have a plan. Your institution can focus on the actions associated with the plan – rather than creating a planning process.
- Focus on shared decision-making. RPM is a task force-based assessment model. The broad involvement of faculty, staff, and students in your structured planning and implementation processes improves student success.
Our founding institutions began the RPM process in fall of 2014. Their focused work is to improve retention rates for specific cohorts such as first year, sophomores, first-generation, low-income, etc.
Apply to be a part of the next RPM cohort.